I’m not a professional editor or best-selling author, but I love reading and I’ve read quite a few books. My reviews are based solely on my personal opinion.
Each book will be given an overall rating using stars, with one star being the worst and five stars being the best.
Aspects I Consider in my Review
Plot and Characters
- Does it progress too slowly or too quickly?
- Are the storyline and characters realistic or fantastical?
- Can I connect with a character’s circumstances or personality?
- Is there enough tension to keep my attention?
- Is the ending too boring or obvious?
- Do languages and mannerisms match the time period?
Grammar and Spelling
- Are there numerous errors?
- Are paragraphs too long and rambling?
- Did the author use too many “fancy” words?
- Are sentences confusing, disorderly, or too long?
Author or Series
- Have I read other books by this author?
- Will I continue the series?
- Would I recommend this author/book?
Genres I Will Read
- Historical or modern
- Science fiction
- Action and adventure
- Young adult
I will not read any books with too many sexual themes or innuendos, anything LGBT related, or overly religious. I prefer light reading that is meant simply for entertainment.